- The general theme Mindset by Carol Dweck was that everything that we do in our day-to-day life all comes from our mindset. Sometimes we are too busy to focus on the small things that we tend to do on a daily basis, but simple things here are there is what makes up out life. In this book we see how the mindset works and how it is the view of your qualities and characteristics that shape our lives.
- While reading this book I can say I remembered a lot of the things we learned for ENT3003. This book talked a lot about what we do and our actions. While reading this all I could think about was how our mindset influences our ideas and how we want to develop ideas, which is something we talked about in this class.
- If I had to design an exercise for this class based on what I read is that I would show a group of people a picture of an object. When I show them this, I would go around an see what everyone thought about that one object and we can see smilier and differences between people and how their mindset works.
- The biggest surprise in this book was that there are good and bad mindsets. We don’t notice how a person can think so differently compare to you because we tend to hang out with people that think the same way or like similar things. But in this book we can see how everyone has a different mindset.
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
21A – Reading Reflection No. 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
30A – Final Reflection
Overall, I have had a good experience with this class. A lot of the assignments I felt like they were very meaningful and others were sor...
-
I am Costanza Tremante I was born in Venezuela and was raised in Miami. I love to do community service and give back to my community as muc...
-
1. Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. Organize: I think I am a very organized person, I...
-
The segment that I chose was when students are busy and they want to eat healthy, but don’t have time or money. In all of these interviews,...
Hi Constanza,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your second reading reflection post. I think that the idea you chose as an assignment for a class was a great idea. Since the content of the book you read was about mindsets and the effect they have on individuals decisions and daily activities, I think it would be very interesting to see how one image can be viewed and interpreted in so many different ways. I also agree that most people probably tend to spend time with others who have similar mindsets as them, so it would be good to branch out and expose yourself to people with different views. Great job on your post!
Hey Costanza,
ReplyDeleteNice job on your reading reflection! This book seems really eye opening in terms of being able to understand other people. The assignment idea you came up with reminds me of something we often do in my illustration class. Our teacher will give the whole class the same article or short story, and we all individually have to come up with an image that we personally think illustrates the text, whether it’s the plot, subject, moral, or underlying themes. When we all turn our assignments in after a week or so, it’s so cool to see all of the different things that people come up with: it shows how different everyone’s mindsets and ideas are despite the fact we are all given the same prompt. So I think your idea would definitely be good!!
Hey Constanza. Great job on your reading reflection! Wow after reading your reflection I really wish I read this book. I am a true believer in that everything we accomplish and do for the day is in our mind set. We can choose to have good days and choose to have bad ones. This sounded like a really beneficial book to read as a young college student. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHey Constanza,
ReplyDeleteGood job on your reading reflection! I also read this book and thought it was interesting how our mindset can shape how we approach each activity and our general enjoyment of life! I think its really important to develop your mindset in order to achieve success. Great job!