Friday, September 29, 2017
8A
The problem is that middle age and middle class people in Alahua County don’t have access to hospitals or medicine because of transportation. Many people relied on one emergency room, but since it shut down people are dying because they are not able to get to hospitals or go see a doctor in order to get treated. The solution to this is to partner up with an insurance company and set up a transportation system where they can bring people from the outside of Alachua to Shands Hospital. Another solution is to have a mobile clinic by that area and they doctors or nurses can give treatments to those who need help and if it is a severe case they can send them to the hospital. These are ways to help them because right now they are not being treated fair and they need as much help as they need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
30A – Final Reflection
Overall, I have had a good experience with this class. A lot of the assignments I felt like they were very meaningful and others were sor...
-
I am Costanza Tremante I was born in Venezuela and was raised in Miami. I love to do community service and give back to my community as muc...
-
1. Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. Organize: I think I am a very organized person, I...
-
The segment that I chose was when students are busy and they want to eat healthy, but don’t have time or money. In all of these interviews,...
Hey Costanza,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your opportunity solution post! I think its awful that middle aged people don't have access to hospitals. In a country like the United States, this should not be a problem. I'd be interested to know where their nearest hospital is and how it compares to national standards. I'd also be interested to hear about the details of the solution that teams up with the insurance agency. But great job and good luck with your idea!!
Hey Constanza,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your opportunity solution. This is a really interesting topic. Maybe it would be possible to get an Uber and have the uber take you to the doctor outside of your town, but get your insurance to reimburse you for the Uber trip. It might be hard to justify a bus service for people in a small town because it would not get used very often. Great post and thoughts!
Hey Constanza,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a wonderful job identifying a proper solution to the opportunity that you identified. The idea about the transportation system could be a passable solution due to the cost effectiveness of it. I think overall the cost would not be that high to transport individuals. However, in terms of emergency care, that transportation system would not be any more effective than an ambulance. Overall, an interesting concept! Great post.