1) You read about an entrepreneur:
The book that I chose was about Coco Chanel. Something that surprised me the most was that she was put in an orphanage at a young age. And she was was taught by nuns and she became a famous designer in the future. One of the things that admire the most about the entrepreneur was her reasons for which she became the person she became.She was very dedicated in her work and everyone loved her for what she did regardless of her past. One of the things that I lease admired from her was that she was so busy with her work that she never got married and didn’t create a life outside her work. As many business owners whenever there is an economic crash, their business goes down. Her business had a decline during the economic depression, but she soon recuperated.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
Some competencies that I noticed that the entrepreneur had was that she had a rough childhood. She was in an orphanage and this could have been something that could’ve brought her down, but she stood tall and succeed at what she did.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Something that was confusing was during the economic crisis and her business went down, it was kind of confusing. Also the part were she was during the war.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask her what in her life inspired her to start designing?
She probable had low resources due to the fact that she was in an orphanage, how did she decide that she wanted to be a designer for the rest of her life.
Another question that I would ask would be, how would she over come anyone or anything that brought her down.
Starting a business is never easy and I’m sure she had some setback, what did she do to over see those setbacks and move forward.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I think the entrepreneur’s opinion of hard work would’ve probably be to not give up and to do what you believe in no matter your circumstances.
Some competencies that I noticed that the entrepreneur had was that she had a rough childhood. She was in an orphanage and this could have been something that could’ve brought her down, but she stood tall and succeed at what she did.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Something that was confusing was during the economic crisis and her business went down, it was kind of confusing. Also the part were she was during the war.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask her what in her life inspired her to start designing?
She probable had low resources due to the fact that she was in an orphanage, how did she decide that she wanted to be a designer for the rest of her life.
Another question that I would ask would be, how would she over come anyone or anything that brought her down.
Starting a business is never easy and I’m sure she had some setback, what did she do to over see those setbacks and move forward.
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I think the entrepreneur’s opinion of hard work would’ve probably be to not give up and to do what you believe in no matter your circumstances.
Hey Constanza,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post about Coco Channel. What I found interesting was her tough childhood, being in an orphanage must of been so hard to deal with, having no steady family to support you growing up can sometimes hurt someone's future. But I found it inspiring that she stood tall and proud and make something of her life. I can see how perseverance was a main factor in her success. Great job!!
Hey Constanza!
ReplyDeleteI also read about Coco Chanel! I was a huge fan of the classic look that Chanel brand holds today; but did not know anything about her past or who she was. I found the book so interesting! I also found the part that she closed her business during the war confusing. It did not really make sense to me either! Great post!